Ready, Steady, GO.

Few days back during one of my random browsing sessions on the internet which usually takes place in my lunch break, I came across a car which at the first glance did look pretty but me being me, looked past it thinking as just another run of the mill car. All it took was a phone call from my friend who is a car enthusiast to convince me that this car indeed packs a punch. I did some digging and now, I can surely vouch for this beauty that is Datsun Redi-Go. Curious to know what are the features that made me fall for this car? Read on, and do not worry, this would not take too long as I have chosen only my top three features.

Mileage
Given the high price of petrol and diesel in India, it is no wonder that the first question on my mind when I am looking at a car is how much mileage would it give. In fact, a friend of mine who recently moved back to India from Kuwait admitted that now he knows why people in India are curious about mileage- a phenomenon he never understood when he was in Kuwait- and all it took for him to get acquaint with this root cause of the 'mileage' curiosity was his first visit to the petrol pump for a refill. Now, the manufacturers of the new Datsun Redi-Go promise a mileage of 25.17 kilometres per litre. This is not impressive in any way, but when you look at the price range, the deal seems pretty sweet. The best way to check the mileage promised is by taking an extended road trip. Doing a road trip from Delhi to Srinagar to Leh and then back via Manali is a dream I have been harbouring since ages now, but as I am based in Mumbai with a job now which won't allow me to take extended leave, I will be content with a road trip from Mumbai to Goa, just like the one in Dil Chahta Hai.

Datsun Pro-Safe 7
Safety is one of the top priority of mine when I am looking for a car and this concern was revalidated recently when a friend of mine met a car accident during his weekly trip from Mumbai to Pune. The Datsun Redi-Go promises performance augmented brakes which in turn blesses the car with shortest braking distance and a reinforced crash protection shell. The superior suspension system further promises to provide high stability and better cornering performance. All these are fair enough and would give me the peace of mind if my newly teenaged kids decided to take this car for a spin (which I hope they don't- breaking the law is never a fun thing to do, kids).

Superior Air Conditioning
Come one, it is summer and I am not the only one dying of the heat and humidity- thus, it should not come as a surprise that I am expecting something from the Air Conditioning of the car too. The Datsun Redi-Go claims to be optimised for Indian weather and would provide superior air conditioning to each and every passenger, irrespective of where they are seated. Now this is what I call heavenly. 

Fun. Freedom. Confidence. The ultimate Urban Cross- Datsun redi-GO- the capability of a crossover with the convenience of a hatchback.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Himalaya Acne-n-Pimple Cream

An Untold Story

Chapter 2: Such A Long Journey