And the ritual continues...

"One day, you’re 17 and you’re planning for someday. And then quietly, without you ever really noticing, someday is today. And then someday is yesterday. And this is your life."- This is how Nathan Scott in the show finale of One Tree Hill reflected upon his past 10 years of life. I turned 17 years old last month (!), and it feels funny; that I am almost an adult yet I haven't got stuff figured out, that I haven't been able to accomplish something substantial. Anyways, I have this yearly ritual where I make a to-do list from which I ought to tick off as many items as possible before I turn another year old. But before I start drafting one for this year, let's check out the status of the last year's:
  • Harry Potter Movie marathon? I did watch a few movie of this series back to back but honestly, the entire series is way too long to watch at one go. Status: HALF-DONE.
  • Dining in a Irani Cafe? Oh yeah, a long pending to-do was finally accomplished and that too in the picture perfect season of monsoon. Status: DONE.
  • Read two new authors? The prospect of reading was out of the window for the entire year (and it still is) with exams and tests back-to-back, still I managed to read Khaled Hosseini's A Thousand Splendid Suns and Amitav Gosh's Sea of Poppies and that lead to this to-do being successfully ticked off. Status: DONE.
  • Learn the basics of playing Bass guitar? Haha, nowhere did I even come close to achieve this goal so here I go down as a failure. Status: INCOMPLETE.
  • Picnicking at Hanging Gardens? I completed this within weeks of entering it into my to-do list and what a lovely day it was! Status: DONE.
  • Do some social work? Remember my plan to join NSS? Well, it went down the drain and the credit for it goes to my course. Status: INCOMPLETE.
  • Photo-shoot a location? Not once, not twice, I did this to-do many many times; right from photo-shooting a scenic garden in Powai to lovely restaurant near office and getting a new camera did contribute immensely to it. Thanks Mom. Status: DONE.
So basically, I managed to tick-off almost everything...not that bad, eh? Now time for this year's list; there isn't a lot of to-dos this time, basically because I really want to do these, not just compile a big list for namesake:
  • Learn Spanish. Remember the first to-do list which I drafted two years ago? It mentioned "Learn basic French" and it was a big failure, but this time around I am determined to learn Spanish as it is the only foreign language which actually makes me eager to speak it and as I wish to visit Spain someday, it will come handy.
  • Start Running, again (and run a 4k). I was keen on running a 4k night run at Mood Indigo this time but as it has been more than a year now since I last ran, I figured that it wouldn't be a good idea. Apart from that, I do miss running and want to re-inculcate this habit hence, this to-do. Fingers crossed!
  •  Visit the Kala Ghoda Festival. I have missed it two time back-to-back and am not at all willing to miss it again. If you don't know about it; Kala Ghoda Festival is an annual event that takes place in the Fort area of Mumbai, comprising of an amazing exhibition and cultural activities, all for free! Certainly something that shouldn't be missed.
  • A food walk. I loovveee food (and you probably know that) and food walk is a concept which has always fascinated me, I have been meaning to do one but have no clear plan of execution. This year, however, I want to tick this off my bucket-list too!
That's all, I just hope this time I manage to tick all of these to-dos off my list. Till next, take care...

P.S. Happy New Year, my folks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Untold Story

Review: Himalaya Acne-n-Pimple Cream

Chapter 2: Such A Long Journey