Is someone moving next door?

I have quiet a few things that I have been meaning to blog about since days but call it due to my habit of procrastinating stuff, it still hasn't made any appearance on this blog yet. Finally, I'm writing a blogpost on a thing I did last week (Sigh, procrastination is deadly I tell you!). Anyways, I baked out these perfect chocolate cookies last week. It materialized only because my Mom prepared some home-made unsalted butter (The butter the supermarkets in my area stocks is salted and making cookies with it results in salty cookies). I was a bit hesitant at first, after seeing the amount of sugar and butter that would go in but after a small debate with thyself, I started making them. Well, it took a few hours to see the end result which happened to be super-pleasing; as soon as they came out of the oven, they were being appreciated by everyone in my house. I guess I bored you enough with the background info, so now a bit about the cookies: Crispy, Crunchy and Chocolate-y! In one word- Perfect.

You see the white bits? They are Oats

Chocolate Cookies

Ingredients:
1 cup Refined Flour (Maida)
1/4 cup Powdered Oats*
1/3 cup Butter
6-7 tbsp Powdered sugar
Few drops of Vanilla Essence
2-3 tbsp Cocoa Powder
3-4 tbsp Milk
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Soda Bi-carbonate

Procedure:
1. In a big bowl cream butter and powdered sugar together by beating butter (which should be at room temperature) and sugar using a whisk.
2. Add vanilla essence to the creamed butter and whisk once again to incorporate the elements.
3. In another bowl sift all the dry ingredients together; Flour, Cocoa, Baking Powder and Soda Bi-carbonate. If using powdered oats add them at last without sifting.
4.  Now add the sifted dry mix to the creamed butter and try to form a dough, if the dough feels too dry add milk alternatively if it feels wet add more flour. The goal is to get a dough which is short of sticky and very delicate.
5. After the required type of dough is formed, wrap it in aluminium foil, or cling wrap and freeze it for at least an hour (so that the butter solidifies and the dough becomes hard).
6. Now roll out the chilled dough and with the help of a cookie cutter cut out shapes or using a teaspoon drop portions of it into the baking tray (I used this method).
7. In an oven preheated to 180C, put the baking tray and baking for about 20-25mins or until the cookies show no residue of butter and the top becomes a bit hard (refer the picture above, the cookies are fresh out of oven).
......And viola, it's done!

*Using powdered oats is entirely optional, I used it only because I wanted to make the cookies a bit healthier but you can use flour in its place.

P.S. Happy Diwali! :D

Comments

  1. Perfect Diwali Delicacy post. Kudos to You, they look YuMMy :) And the oats inclusion , perfect idea, gud work Aditi, my kitchen experiments never goes beyond maggi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Himalaya Acne-n-Pimple Cream

An Untold Story

Chapter 2: Such A Long Journey