Lately, I have come across various articles on the web whose title begins with "Date a girl/man who..." and the only thing I find myself wondering after wasting a few precious minutes reading such article is "why?". Well, why happens to be one of my favourite response for almost everything, but the why I ask in the above case isn't out of my curiosity, it is out of the cringe-factor. I cringe every time my eye catches that title, not because I'm fed up of it, but because of the generalization that such articles do!

I've highlighted it before too that stereotyping is restrictive, that a person can never have a one-dimensional personality, in other words, personality is multi-faceted. Then why this stupidity? Why generalize that every girl who travels would have a job in "creative" field, or that girl who reads "understands",or that girl who writes "has chipped fingernails", or the one who drinks beer is "strong and independent"?

Maybe you can't stop doing that, you can't stop generalizing because it is in the very nature of human beings. But at least have an open mind that goes beyond confining people into stereotypes, they can be much more than what meets the eyes. Keeping that in mind please "Date a girl/man whom you want to". And that's about it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Himalaya Acne-n-Pimple Cream

An Untold Story

Chapter 2: Such A Long Journey