Summer? I hate it!

They say, every cloud has a silver-lining, then why can't I find the door to walk out of this mess which I affectionately call 'Vacation Boredom'? Every summer these come upon me as a catastrophe and leaves me uninspired for days (or should I say till the end of its term?). Every morning I resolve to do an activity which would erase the sense of dullness that creeps onto me during holidays, but as the monotony of the day starts lurking around the corner I unconsciously give up.

Here in Mumbai, as this season comes into its ripe, the sun metaphorically bakes the public with its scorching heat. Hence, there is no scope left for enjoying outdoor action. Trapped into the confines of my apartment I can't think of a better alternative to browsing mindlessly on the internet through random stuff or scan through channels on my television hoping to spot something of my preference. At these moments, even a proposal of shopping for groceries put forth by mom seems lucrative enough to me.

The warmth of the sun doesn't even spares my head, giving rise to a headache by the closing of the afternoon. And IPL adds to the already existing pain! Okay, I love sports but IPL, in my opinion, is nothing more than a show-off of wealth showcasing cheerleaders dressed up in scanty clothing and players for whom money matters. What the heck in this world makes it come off as a sport? Just the use of a bat and a ball?

On one hand, summer for everyone else translates into a reason for taking leave from work and vacationing into exotic locales, for me it's months worth of boredom and headache which ends up making me feel uninspired. What's your version of the summer season? Do tell me...
P.S. I'd love to read your insights and get uplifted.       

Comments

  1. Nice one :) summer sucks pretty much :/ And IPL is something that keeps me occupied sometimes, That's the only captivating thing on tv! :P so bleh! :D would love to read more from you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for this lovely comment. ^_^
      BTW your blog is cool too and you are on my reading list. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Himalaya Acne-n-Pimple Cream

An Untold Story

Chapter 2: Such A Long Journey