So Much To Read, So Little Time

Given the amount of books I have assigned myself to read this year; I have been on the look for little cheats that I can employ in finishing the humongous target 36 books in 2016, after a massive failure in achieving my 2015's target. And I shouldn't be amused at my antics- I am a slow reader!

Anyway, the little cheat I have managed to wrap my head around isn't technically a cheat: I have been picking up books within the limit of 150 pages. No, I am not compromising on the literary source. In fact, I compiled a list of around ten supposedly terrific books within 100 pages after spending a few hours prancing around the internet. To put a cherry on these facts, I have already finished reading two books in their entirety (hence, being in tune with my reading schedule, according to Goodreads)!

Yet, that feeling of wanting to go back and know more after getting through a story is missing. Instead, a relief washes over me- of finally being done. I don't know whether it stems from the pressure of the challenge or I am genuinely picking up books not worth the buck for me.

So I finally gave in and picked up the book I had been eyeing in the library since a few months now: 'Bombay Stories' by Saadat Hassan Manto. Although, Toba Tek Singh is what I was on lookout for, the name of the author was sort of sufficient to pull me in. The first time I came across this author was when I accidentally landed up online on a short story of his, during the random hours I spend on the internet. It was pretty nondescript, yet the straightforwardness was charming enough. 

'Bombay Stories' houses a short story titled "Barren", where, the author beautifully speaks of the people who are incapable of loving; somewhere, this statement simply struck a chord. We are increasingly falling in love with the concept of love; so much so that we have forgotten how to love a person. Strange? Yes, sir. But, true.

P.S. A very Happy Valentine's Day, dearies. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Himalaya Acne-n-Pimple Cream

An Untold Story

Chapter 2: Such A Long Journey