Reflections v.20.15

As I sit here, languidly running through the pictures contained in my digital album, I am gawking in disbelieve.

The year has passed by in a blur.

Witnessed Megadeth live from the front row!

I cannot comprehend the magnitude of this year; yes, I did face Chronic Fatigue, but, at the same time, had wonderful surprises knocking at my door all the time, be it in the form of a sudden call for Camp, or the screen of my new Lumia showing that I cleared IPCC exams, or even managing to see Megadeth live from the first row!

Undoubtedly, 2015 has been something.

View from the windmill farm at Nashik

After all, I turned 19 years old; I put myself out there and socialized, despite my brain wanting to go home and doze off; I pushed myself to take a leap of faith, and got going on a two day excursion to Nashik, with two folks I barely knew at that time; and how can I forget, I met Bruce Dickinson, the front-man of Iron Maiden!

Quite a year, eh? Well, that's not all.

I walked and walked and walked, on dusty red trails through the hauntingly beautiful forests of Matheran, stopping at several points to admire the Sahyadri.

At a certain point at Matheran, thanking my trusty shoes

I chowed and chowed and chowed to my heart's content, on that Yum Cha at Shiro, that Waffle at Kala Ghoda Cafe, those beautiful burgers at whichever place I could get them at, and the myriad delicacies at home.

Waffles with granola and fruits at Kala Ghoda Cafe

I read and read and read through Aldous Huxley, Che Guevara, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Jack Kerouac, Khaled Hosseini, and, Khushwant Singh; even when my will power was fading in, tempted me into the luxury that is wanting to give up.

My copy of Strange Pilgrims, honestly, still stuck on last few short stories

Reflections never do justice, 2015's too wouldn't.

Anyway, the takeaway from 2015 I will carry in my backpack into the next year is that; sometimes, you may lack the will, you may also lack the motivation, but pushing yourself for things is always worth it in the end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Himalaya Acne-n-Pimple Cream

An Untold Story

Chapter 2: Such A Long Journey