On My Playlist: Metallica - The Day That Never Comes


This song makes a grand appearance on the 'now playing' menu of my music player everyday; the beats of this song uplifts me like nothing else (okay, an ice-cream does that too). I can't trace how this one landed up in my playlist, but for a long time it was a song without any name. A few months ago my fondness for this song and a curiosity to figure out the name finally proved fruitful. 

I really am in love with the beats of this song; it starts off in a slow tempo gradually picking up speed and by the time the song ends the tempo is at its top. Plus, the lyrics of this song blew away my mind! "The Day That Never Comes" though belongs to the metal genre, has some sentiments and allows us a sneak-peak in the lives of the soldiers who protect us while being deprived of all the pleasures of life themselves. 

And yes, this was the song that was being played on a repeat mode on my music player yesterday whilst I was on my way to college for my results; I was completely freaked out about how my results would turn up and by God's grace it was well and I managed to achieve a decent 81.42%! Alas, this is not the end of the story folks, the grunge of admissions are looming around the corner and....you know, I'm hoping for the idiom "All that begins well, ends well" to be true in my case too.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Himalaya Acne-n-Pimple Cream

An Untold Story

Chapter 2: Such A Long Journey