Slut Walk or Besharmi Morcha

"Slut Walk" or "Besharmi Morcha" as it is called in Indian lingo was carried out in New Delhi yesterday. Slut Walk is something which started in Canada and soon, many nation followed it. In India, the first slut walk was held in Raipur, Chattisgarh a couple of years ago. If you don't know what a "Slut Walk" or the so-called "Besharmi Morcha" is let me brief it to you, it's a kind-of protest by women which are done to demand for their right to wear clothes of their preference without being eve-teased by men.

Slut Walk
Ok...let me tell you one thing, when a woman is molested or abused or even eve-teased people put all the blame on the woman whilst the real culprit is a man! People say that she must have worn something immoral or indecent which must have led to this, they generally overlook a fact that fully-covered or decent women are too molested! Now, as all Indians know Delhi is not only the capital of India but also "The Crime Capital of India", women there suffer the most at the hands of men be it domestic violence or molestation or murder! I live in Mumbai and in my opinion its the safest, here people mind their own work and they particularly don't have time to check-out who is wearing what. 
"Besharmi Morcha"

Let me tell you my experience when I visited my native place (which is a small town) in the summer of 2009, I was wearing a pretty basic pair of clothes, a dark-wash jeans with a grey T-shirt (read, T-shirt not top)  and my hairs tied up in a pony-tail. We were travelling in a car so, when the fuel ran out we had to stop at a petrol pump for refilling. Even though I was wearing basic and relatively decent clothes the men there were staring at me like I was in a mini-skirt! And that was too much for me so I ended-up yelling at those morons.

Slut Walk
Back on the topic, why can't we women were clothes of our preference? Do we take money from those morons to buy our clothes? Men were whatever they like, be it those vests or being bare nobody does or say anything to them, women also don't eve-tease them! So why is all this done to us? Rakhi Sawant rightly said in a press-conference for her upcoming show on being asked why she wears skimpy clothes,"Main kya kuch dikha rahi hoon? Mere saare parts covered hain naa!" (English translation- Am I showing my private parts? All my parts are covered!). 
Images courtesy: Google Images.

Even when we women wear a burmuda pant or a tank-top we get wild looks, why so? I ask why? Don't we have the liberty to wear comfortable clothes? Wanting to wearing only skimpy clothes is not the motive of the "Slut Walk" but the liberty to wear anything without being harassed or taunted is the motive, not being insulted or trashed upon is the motive, stopping sexual violence in the name of short clothes by men is the motive.People should blame the criminal not the victim! So these are my views on "Slut Walk" or "Besharmi Morcha", now its your turn. Voice you opinions below.

Comments

  1. sereiouly ..this right should be practiced ...
    and tht girl is right we girls huv got nothing to be ashamed of ....ty <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Himalaya Acne-n-Pimple Cream

An Untold Story

Chapter 2: Such A Long Journey